Friday, March 19, 2010

Live Blogging Event – Red Carpet Countdown and the 2010 Academy Awards

Live Blogging Event – Red Carpet Countdown and the 2010 Academy Awards
Hubby is on the way home with Quiznos and I’ve got E! on, just waiting for my red carpet coverage to begin.  The live red carpet coverage starts at 6pm, but I thought I’d get a jump and start at 5:00 pm, being a serious blogger and uber fan of fashion, movies and movie stars, and [...]

Hubby is on the way home with Quiznos and I’ve got E! on, just waiting for my red carpet coverage to begin.  The live red carpet coverage starts at 6pm, but I thought I’d get a jump and start at 5:00 pm, being a serious blogger and uber fan of fashion, movies and movie stars, and of course, The Academy Awards.

From 3 – 6 pm you can go to www.Oscar.com and join Live from the Red Carpet, where you can submit questions to your favorite stars in real-time as they walk down the red carpet, which I thought I’d mention here for all the other geeks out there like me who wanna join in.

You can also RSVP to the event on Facebook here.
 
Then join Live from the Red Carpet by signing into your Facebook account via Oscar.com here.

5:15 pm Update – I’m getting bored with the coverage on Tanya, who is a lovely girl, but come on, E!, too much filler, but at least I’m loving my Quiznos dinner – broccoli cheese soup and a beef, bacon and cheese bullet.  Be back as soon as my soup is gone!

5:25 pm - I just visited Oscar.com and saw that Manny from Modern Family (Rico Rodriguez) will be on the Red Carpet tonight.  Love that kid, he’s so fabulous.

5:31 pm – I have that black thing that sucks in the fat but lets you still wear a bra.  A must-have people!  Yeah, E!

5:45 pm – Those shoes are god-awful.

5:50 pm – I’m still torn between The Hurt Locker and Inglorious Basterds winning Best Picture as both were soooo good.  Who do you guys want to win?  I saw Up in the Air and loved it, too.

5:52 pm – Worst Oscar looks per Jay Manuel

5. Kate Hudson

4. Uma Thurman

3. Jennifer Connelly – and she won in that dress, yuck!

2. Kim Basinger

1. Demi Moore

Best Oscar Looks per Jay Manuel

5. Halle Berry

4. Hilary Swank

3. Cate Blanchette

2. Jennifer Lopez

1. Penelope Cruz

6:13 pm – Awe, look at tiny little Ryan Seacrest, interviewing his ass off.  Doesn’t he ever get tired from hosting a million different shows?

6:06 pm – Ryan is still boring.  How funny is it that Giuliana DePandi (Ranzic, whatever!) changed dresses already?  I do like her hair, but I can’t stand her, ever since her reality show came out – Giuliana and Bill.  What a psycho.  Good for you Jay Manuel, calling her out.

6:10 pm – Anna Kendrick trying to call her flesh-colored gown pink is a far stretch.  Have I mentioned my disdain for flesh-colored dresses yet?  Girl, hair looks good, but you need some color, you are young!

6:11 pm – Love that Ryan tries to stir up trouble between Monique and Anna.  Monique, I love that color on you, and you are sucked and tucked in nicely.  Good luck tonight, girl, and no matter what, you look fabulous!

6:13 pm – Hubby just told me maybe I should go on the red carpet with my outfit – bastard.  Ok, so I’m wearing pink fleece pj’s, but so what, I can still judge others.  Love that big bobble head Giuliana just got her dress soaked.  She loves herself waaaayyy to much. 

6:18 pm – Mariah Carey, your side-profile is hilarious.  What are you hiding straight-on?  Nick Cannon, shut the hell up.

6:20 pm – Boring, get back to the carpet, no one cares about the hosts, just the stars E!

6:21 pm – Mickey Rooney, you sexy mofo!

6:25 pm – Zoe Saldana from Avatar, hubby likes your look, but he says you are too skinny!

6:26 pm – Joel Madden and Nicole Ritchie – boring.

6:28 pm – Vera Farmiga- what the heck is up with that mom hair and 80s style dress?  Yikes, you just aged the hell out of yourself, and I love that you dissed your own director Jason Reitman.

6:29 pm – Prediction – This dress makes the top of the Worst-Dressed list tomorrow.

6:34 pm – Ryan Renyolds is presenting tonight, and I hope he will be presenting shirtless, hubba hubba.

6:35 pm – Tina Fey, looking good!

6:36 pm – Ditto Sigourney Weaver!

6:37 pm – I just found this picture, and I am afraid, very afraid.  Poor Mariska.

 

6:38 pm – James Cameron, your wife looks like Skeletor.  Katheryn Bigelow, you have another reason to celebrate tonight, ha ha ha!

6:40 pm – So funny Peter and Maggie almost told us they shared “a hoagie.”

6:42 pm – Love Elizabeth Banks, and how she told us she hosted “The Nerd Oscars” earlier in the week.  Not a fan of her headband though.

6:45 pm – Getting busted for my spelling mistakes from hubby, who also tells me I am mean as hell on here.  Meow!

6:48 pm – Sigourney Weaver towers over Ryan Seacrest.  OH MY GOD, get that man some Tom Cruise shoe lifts.

6:50 pm – I once read Lenny Kravitz didn’t use soap in the shower, so I can never look at him in the same way again.  Pee -ewe!

6: 51 pm – Tina Fey is wearing Michael Kors, but I’m not sure I’m loving her Betty Rubble look.  Love her regardless.

6:58 pm – Diana Kruger’s hair looks dirty.  Girl, didn’t you have time for a shower?  I am not sure I like the dress either.

6:59 pm – I’ll puke if Sandra Bullock wins an Oscar.  Not a huge fan of hers.  Plus I find it hilarious she is wearing a gold dress to match the Oscar statues.

7:03 pm – Amanda Seyfried looks cute, but needs more color.  Still, I love the gown, one of the best of the night.  Thanks for reminding me that it is so dumb that Big Love is airing their season ender tonight against the Oscars and I have to tape it.

7:05 pm – Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are on, and all I can think is “Did he get a hair transplant?”

7:06 pm – Jake Gyllenhall, always hot.  Love ya babe!

7:08 pm – Antonio Banderas, your beard is hilarious.

7:13 pm – Miley Cyrus looks like a golden turd.  Hubby tells me Brett Michaels is dating her mom, which is news to me, but explains the duet.  Mom has white trash tattoos, how nice!

7:15 pm – Just saw Sarah Jesica Parker – love the Chanel dress.  Her man, Mathew Broderick, is looking a little long in the tooth.  And, I love that she was shocked by Ryan’s horrible lie that “she isn’t aging at all.” 

7:17 pm – George Clooney’s hair is too long, damn it.

7:18 pm -Katheryn Bigelow looks terrific, especially compared to her ex’s sketetor-looking wife.

7:20 pm – I like Charlize Theron’s dress.  Always a beauty.

7:32 pm – Hello JLo!  I’ve missed you.  And I love how you pick a gown that makes your ass look huge, you go girl. 

I do love it, though.

7:28 pm – Mr. Darcy aka Colin Firth looking good.  Gosh, I wish I’d seen Tom Ford’s film A Single Man.  Still want to.

7:29 pm – Queen Latifa looks fabulous!

7:30 pm – George Clooney predicts Jeff “The Dude” Bridges wins best actor.  Hmmm, maybe, although I’m hoping Jeremy Renner will win.

7:31 pm – Meryl Streep looks wonderful.  I loved it a few years back she was wearing a size 14, the same amount of Oscars she had been nominated for at the time.

7:36 pm – Blast from the past – Molly Ringwald.

7:38 pm – Gabourey Sidibe meets Keanu and shows know fear.  Love her, but laughed mfao when she scared off Woody Harrelson!

7:41 pm – Just caught a glance of Demi, and she looked so good I could almost forgive her for her Twitter sins.

7:42 pm – Robert Downey Jr. – your tie is ridiculous.

7:48 pm – Gerald Butler talking about Jennifer Aniston, how boring.  Take off your shirt or something.

7:52 pm – God bless Jeff Bridges, who showed up on the red carpet with an age-appropriate looking woman, is it his wife?

7:55 pm – Caught a glance at Kathy Ireland’s dress.  I supposed it is a maybe?

 

7:58 pm – Cameron Diaz, vava-voom!  Looking hot!

8:00 pm – Switched to ABC.  Just caught Penelope Cruz’s dress, and I love it!  She wins best dressed of all the best actress nominees!

8:02 pm – While surfing online, caught Rachel McAdams gown.  Not sure about it yet!

8:05 pm – George Clooney’s date Elisabetta Canalis has way too much matching red on.  That bag should have been a different color.  Sorry sweetie.

8:10 pm – Caught Kate Winslet’s gown online, and it is way better than her look last year.

8:15 pm – Kristen Stewart, can you friggin smile for once?

 

8:28 pm – LMAO when that dude on ABC had the balls to say “George Clooney looks bad.”  I tend to agree with him.

8:30 pm – So excited for the hosts!!!

 

 

8:33 pm – Neil Patrick Harris, you go girl!

8:35 pm – The Oscars have average-sized dancers, awesome!  So sick of skinny bitches on my tv.

8:36 pm – “Most losses joke” rocks.  So does “What’s 5 times 2.”

8:37 pm – “There’s that damn Helen Mirren.”

8:38 pm – God, I love Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin - “In our first movies, we were both born a poor black child.”

8:40 pm – Did anyone else catch Katheryn’s “Ha ha, I took your money, and now I’m taking your Oscar” look to James Cameron?

8:48 pm – And, the Best Supporting Actor goes to – Christoph Waltz!  I’m so friggin excited!

8:55 pm – I love it when presenters look better than nominees.  You go Cameron!

8:58 pm – I’ve decided that I can’t list every category, because, well, I don’t care if Up won.

9:03 pm – Same with Best Song.

9:05 pm – District 9 was a really great movie!

9:08 pm – With all of the extra nominees this year, I’m wondering how many people got cut from bringing guests this year.  I see that Demi left the always trashy Ashton Kutcher back home, to everyone’s relief.  I just checked, and he is not tweeting about the Academt Awards, either.

9:14 pm – Hey, didn’t SJP and Robert Downey Jr. date back in the day?  Just caught that look she gave him.

9:15 pm – And, Best Original Screenplay goes to – The Hurt Locker by Mark Boal.  Too bad a man from Michigan is suing his ass over the screenplay rights!

9:18 pm – RIP John Hughes.  I’d just wished Claire and Ferris were up on stage rather than old Molly Ringwald and “long-in-the-tooth” Matthew Brodderick.

9:21 pm - Don’t You Forget About Me was my 8th grade class song.

9:22 pm – Some of the Brat Pack has not aged well at all.  Ally Sheedy, omg, I am so sorry. 

9:23 pm – Kristen Stewart looks bored at John Hughes tribute, what an asshole.  It isn’t always about you hon!

9:32 pm – First boring section of the Oscars is still going on.

9:34 pm – Hey, it is so not fair that woman Prudence (in the wheelchair) didn’t get to go up on stage with the winners of Music for Prudence!  They couldn’t have brought her a microphone, or had them all accept in their seats?

9:38 pm – Skeletor (James Cameron’s wife) still looks scarier than Ben Stiller in his Avatar costume.

9:40 pm – Star Trek nerds everywhere cream their jeans.  Sorry fellow nerds, I know that was a little snarky!

9:42 pm – How many people secretly want Jeff Bridges to win because of his fabulous role as The Dude in The Big Lebowski?

9:50 pm – And the Best Adapted Screenplay goes to – Geoffrey Fletcher for Precious.  How exciting for him.  My dream in life is to win my own someday.  I think when I told this to my husband last year he actually laughed at me.  I don’t care if it isn’t likely to happen, it is still my dream!

9:51 pm – Nice ad-lib, Steve!  That was the worst speech of the night, jeeze!

9:55 pm – Robin Williams, always a gem.

9:56 pm – Why aren’t they showing Vera’s ass-double scene?

9:58 pm – And, the Best Supporting Actress goes to – Mo’Nique!  You go, girl!

10:00 pm – “It can be about the performance, and not the politics!”  Hell, yes, well said Mo’Nique!

10:03 pm – Crisis occurs at home when a small piece of cat poop is found on our stairs.  Poor Beatrice, she is getting sloopy with her hygiene.  Since I wasn’t the one to find it, I can’t stop laughing!

10:05 pm – Sigourney Weaver is always a joy to watch on screen.

10:08 pm – I can’t stand when people refer to celebrities by their nicknames – Sandra Bullock = Sandy, James Cameron = Jim. 

10:12 pm – Sandy Powell is sassy as hell, bragging about winning her third Oscar!  I love it!

10:13 pm – Why the hell haven’t I seen Precious yet?

10:14 pm – Still loving Charlize Therron’s tit dress.

10:20 pm – Nice cough Kristen Stewart, you whore!  (I’m just kidding, calm down!)

10:21 pm – Loving the horror montage.  Did you know the shower scene in Psycho had over 60 shots in just a few seconds?  Hitchcock rocked!

10:22 pm – “Come play with us Danny!”

10:23 pm – Ooh, Silence of The Lambs.  One of the best horror films ever.

10:25 pm – Didn’t see The Hurt Locker winning Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.  Avatar, watch out.

10:29 pm – Elizabeth Banks and her dress both rock!

10:30 pm – John Travolta, whoa hoo!

10:31 pm – There is The Bear Jew!  My god, people, this movie is so damn good!

10:34 pm – We’ve run out of both pop and iced tea, darn it.  Oh, look, Sandy is on, spare me!

10:35 pm – Darn it, Avatar isn’t getting shut out.  People, I only rag on Avatar because it is a blockbuster, and I’m more of a “independent film” type of girl.  Tried to go see it last night, but I lost interest five seconds after having the thought.

10:42 pm – Demi Moore got the best presenter category – In Memorium – who doesn’t love this part of the Academy Awards?  James Taylor, too?  Love him singing my favorite Beatles song In My Life.  Oh, and I love Demi in that dress.

10:45 pm – Why the hell would the cameraman pull away without showing JLo’s ass?

10:46 pm – Must there be interpretive dancing?  Well, I am enjoying The Hurt Locker’s sequence as a joke.

10:50 pm – This has gotten out of control.

10:51 pm – Does anyone have good hair tonight?  So many messy buns, shame on you Jennifer Lopez, you always have suck sleek looks.

10:52 pm – I wish my dad had a movie camera sitting around in his drawer that I could have used as a kid.  Then again, I wish I had a dad growing up, too.

10:54 pm – I’m so sick of these two douchebags.  Didn’t they both nail Jennifer Aniston?  And couldn’t Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler at least shave?

10:55 pm – Jason Bateman, star of Teen Wolf Two, is on.  I still miss Arrested Development!

10:56 pm – I think Kathryn Bigelow is going to win tonight.  This would explain how she got the better seat than James Cameron!

10:57 pm – Ok, that Modern Family commercial of Oscar night was fantastic.

11:01 pm – Everytime I hear the name Matt Damon I think of his retarded puppet in Team America.

11:03 pm – I think Food, Inc. is going to win.

11:05 pm – Oh, damn, I hate when I’m wrong. 

11:06 pm – Tyler Perry “They just said my name at the Oscars.”  I loved that he laughed like a geek.  I would have, too.

11:07 pm – Steve and Alec in Snuggies, I love it.

11:08 pm – The Hurt Locker wins another award, yeah!

11:09 pm – Keanu Reeves, WTF?

11:10 pm – Jeremy Renner rocks in The Hurt Locker.  I hope he wins, but Jeff Bridges may beat him.

11:13 pm – The 82nd Annual Academy Awards was just wrecked by me having to be subjected to an airing of the Dancing With The Stars commercial that highlighted that moron Kate Gosselin.

11:15 pm – Quentin Tarantino totally is pushing his voice.  Dude, we already know your cool, quit trying so hard.

11:18 pm – Kathy Bates, thank you for not wearing a messy bun tonight.

11:19 pm – I have Avator fatigue!

11:24 pm – Vera Farmiga, I just say you sway!

11:25 pm – Is it me, or does it appear that Jeff Bridges beard stinks to high hell?

11:26 pm – I know I want to cozy up to George Clooney, but not with that hairstyle tonight!  Vera, enough with the chatter.

11:27 pm – Julianne Moore – Always love you, especially since I just read that you are returning to As The World Turns to reprise your role.

11:29 pm – Tim Robbins, if you made that up, you are hilarious!  God, how I love him and Morgan Freeman in Shawshank Redemption.

11:30 pm – Colin and Jeremy Renner in Mexico together?  Wow, you know those two had a great time!

11:31 pm – Kate Winslet and Titanic music, yeah!

11:32 pm – And, the winner of Best Actor goes to – Jeff Bridges.  But of course.  “Mom and Dad, yeah, look!” 

11:34 pm – I will laugh if the play music to whisk him off stage, he is speaking way too slow!  And, is Crazy Heart that good?

11:35 pm – Sounding more like The Dude than Jeff Bridges right now.  I suppose it is better than sounding like Barney from The Vanishing.

11:39 pm – Just a few more awards and we can all go to asleep, or in my case go back to reading Dawn of the Dreadfulls.

11:40 pm – Yet another Sandy referrence.  Spare me.

11:41 pm – Love this guy who played Tony Blair in The Queen.  Forgot his name, sorry bud!

11:43 pm – Peter, you always play good creepy.  Doing some great creepy right now, as a matter of fact.

11:44 pm – Oprah, shut the hell up.  We are all so over you!

11:45 pm – Meryl Streep, it just isn’t your year, sorry old girl, but I know you don’t mind.

11:46 pm – Sean Penn doesn’t look so old tonight.  Perhaps that is why he is always hitting on young chicks!

11:47 pm – And the winner for Best Actress is – Sandra Bullock!

11:49 pm – Poor Gabourey Sidibe, she really should have won the awards.  I am vomiting over this win, and of course, the kissing is mentioned by good old Sandy.  SPARE ME!  At least Sandy remembered to mention the family the film is based on.

11:51 pm – Nice that Sandra ruined her nice comment about her mom Helga by mentioning her lover Meryl Streep.

11:52 pm – Barbara!  Hello gorgeous!

11:55 pm – And, finally, at long last, the winner of Best Director goes to – Kathryn Bigelow!

11:56 pm – Please say something mean to James Cameron Kathryn!

11:58 pm – Can we have a shout out for women everywhere?  Nope, just for our soldiers, which is probably even better.

11:59 pm – Tom Hanks, can’t wait for the Pacific!

11:59 pm – The Hurt Locker wins BEST PICTURE!  OMG, upset, I f-in love it!

12:00 midnight – As sorry as I am that Inglorious Basterds didn’t win, I’m so glad The Hurt Locker did.  Go rent it tomorrow people!!!


Filed under: academy awards, celebrities, E!, fashion, Fashion Police, hollywood, Movie Blogs, movie stars, movies, Oscars, politically correct, pop culture Tagged: 2010 Academy Awards, 82nd Annual Academy Awards, abc, Alec Baldwin, Breaking news, entertainment, Inglorious Basterds, life, news, personal, random thoughts, Red Carpet, Steve Martin, The Hurt Locker, The Oscars, THOUGHTS
Source: thegirlfromtheghetto.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment