Monday, November 30, 2009

Jane Lynch on . . .

Jane Lynch on . . .

ON HER GLEE CHARACTER:
The first script I read I laughed out loud. And the first description of Sue Sylvester in the very first episode was "Sue Sylvester may or may not have posed for Penthouse, and is on horse estrogen." And I was like "I have to play this woman."


ON SUE'S APPEAL:
A fine line between deliciousness and heinousness is what makes Sue Sylvester work on television and I'm constantly trying to walk that line. You want to walk up to the line of being just awful then you want to have enough deliciosuness, something gleeful if you will, to keep you from not wanting ot kill her.


ON THE TV BITCH TOOLKIT:
When you get a well written zinger and you feel like you really landed it, there's nothing better than that. But if you can do with just a lift of an eyebrow . . . if you can master that, i think that's a very important skill for a TV bitch to have as well, is a great reaction shot.


WILL SUE SING?
Sue has not broken into song in Glee so far but the actress Jane Lynch is campaigningn strongly for it. I hope I get to sing, I hope Sue gets to sing. The song that is in Sue Sylvester's heart right now is I've Been to Paradise But I've Never Been to Maine.


For Jane Lynch's full video interview, click on over to Entertainment Weekly.
Source: out-is-through.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment